Metaphysical Properties of Colour
Bringing balance to our lives
Using Colour, in any form, may benefit your physical, mental psychological or spiritual state.
Colour properties influence our choices every day – mostly without us even knowing – we even talk in colour (“I’m feeling blue”, “He has a yellow streak”, and “She was green with envy”).
Find out more about your favourite (or least favourite) colour, the strengths, needs, affirmations, chakras and stones associated with it, clicking here.
In previous posts I have touched on the “Headlines” of each colour’s properties. I have looked at affirmations that may be suitable if you are having issues with an essence of each colour and ways we may address the lessons of each colour.
Over the next months I’ll look at other aspects of each colour properties and go into more depth of what each of these “Headline” subjects was about. We will eventually look at the chakra each colour is associated with and touch on the Tarot Cards linked to the colour properties.
There are no “Good” or “Bad” colours, they each contain both sides of the same coin. As in Yin / Yang Philosophy, each colour exist as inseparable and contradictory opposites, for example female-male, dark-light and old-young. In Red, the property that drives anger is the same property that can be channelled into extra energy and drive. It is all in how the property is utilised.
Each colour sits on the colour wheel in a particular position and its opposite can be used as an “Antidote” for some of the issues. Lets take Red again. If you are feeling over-stimulated by its energy, then Green sitting opposite can be used to calm the situation.
How does this work in real life?
Lets look at a situation where you are getting wound up and things are getting heated or aggressive. Green represents space and is calming. To use the “Antidote” you could take a break and connect with nature. Hug a tree, sit on the grass and remember to breathe as the lungs and respiratory system also fall under Green.
If the situation is ongoing and difficult to bear. Use one of the recommended stones/crystals for their protective or stimulative effects.
Some easy ways to use each colour properties are:-
- Dress in it. Underwear and socks are an easy way of using colours you wouldn’t usually wear.
- Eat it. Make a salad of your required coloured vegetables or fruits.
- Drink it. Put your water in a coloured bottle and let it sit in the light. Put one of the suggested stones into a jug of water and let it sit. Drink the water. Ensure your stone is clean and doesn’t contain toxins.
- Bathe in it. Put flowers or crystals etc of your chosen colour into your bath.
- Surround yourself with it. Paint your room. Add accessories.
- Wear it. Use jewellery to add the colours you require. Double up on this by using Gemstone and Crystal jewellery to get the Metaphysical benefits of the colour and the properties of the stone.
I hope you find this information helpful
Please do not to use this information to diagnose yourself or others or to treat serious conditions or ailments.
For serious conditions, please refer to your trusted medical or alternative practitioner.
If you would like to explore the Metaphysical benefits of colours further, please contact your local colour therapist.